Confession of Faith
This congregation confesses the Triune God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
This congregation confesses Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and the Gospel as the power of God for the salvation of all who believe.
This congregation confesses the Gospel, recorded in the Holy Scriptures and confessed in the ecumenical creeds and Lutheran confessional writings, as the power of God to create and sustain the Church for God’s mission in the world.
Statement of Purpose
The Church is a people created by God in Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit, called and sent to bear witness to God’s creative, redeeming, and sanctifying activity in the world.
All power in the Church belongs to our Lord Jesus Christ, its head. All actions of this congregation are to be carried out under his rule and authority.
To participate in God’s mission, this congregation as a part of the Church shall:
- Worship God in proclamation of the Word and administration of the sacraments and through lives of prayer, praise, thanksgiving, witness, and service.
- Proclaim God’s saving Gospel of justification by grace for Christ’s sake through faith alone, according to the apostolic witness in the Holy Scripture, preserving and transmitting the Gospel faithfully to future generations.
- Carry out Christ’s Great Commission by reaching out to all people to bring them to faith in Christ and by doing all ministry with a global awareness consistent with the understanding of God as Creator, Redeemer, and Sanctifier of all.
- Serve in response to God’s love to meet human needs, caring for the sick and the aged, advocating dignity and justice for all people, working for peace and reconciliation among the nations, and standing with the poor and powerless, and committing itself to their needs.
- Nurture its members in the Word of God so as to grow in faith and hope and love, to see daily life as the primary setting for the exercise of their Christian calling, and to use the gifts of the Spirit for their life together and for their calling in the world.
- Manifest the unity given to the people of God by living together in the love of Christ and by joining with other Christians in prayer and action to express and preserve the unity which the Spirit gives.[/accordion-item]
This congregation shall be an interdependent part of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and of the Southwestern Washington Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. This congregation is subject to the discipline of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
This congregation accepts the Confession of Faith and agrees to the Purposes of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and shall act in accordance with them.
At Trinity Lutheran Church we hold the following statements as truths and/or achievable goals. These truths and goals reflect our fundamental values and we strive to live by them:
- God loves us more than we can ever know
- Jesus is exalted in all that we do at church and in our everyday lives
- Prayers of members enfold all our activities
- Every person is gifted and important to God and the church regardless of age or life circumstances
- Loving relationships, supportive attitudes and forgiveness characterize the family of God, especially in the midst of disagreement or disappointment
- Clear vision, sound doctrine and Spirit-lead planning are essential for congregational health and development
- Truth, integrity and striving for excellence can be expected from both staff and volunteers in all our ministry activities
- Optimism in, encouragement for and trust giving to one another pervades our lives and our mutual ministry
- Decisions of congregational meetings are accepted and supported by all members
- Innovation and change are necessary and constant as the Holy Spirit leads us to new insights and new directions
- Personal expressions of cooperation, honesty, humility, respect and tolerance create the congregational atmosphere wherein faith and hope flourish
Our Mission Statement
We are joyfully gathered together by God’s gracious love in Jesus Christ to worship Him, to grow in faith and to proclaim Jesus by word and service.
- Create a welcoming worship environment where we feel and celebrate the presence of God, praise Him, pray to Him, and are led to invite others to gather with us in worship.
- Offer means to grow and strengthen our faith, identify our God-given gifts, and learn how we can best serve as disciples of Christ.
- Offer opportunities to represent Jesus by using our gifts and resources to help meet the spiritual, physical and emotional needs of persons within and beyond our congregation.
- Offer opportunities to bring others to Christ by building relationships with people through our major areas of ministry.